Call Charges – Calls to this number will cost 7p per minute;
your telephone provider including mobile providers
may add an additional access charge.
FOR SAME DAY BOOKINGS CALL US
Pan Fried Squid
With Mediterranean salad, crispy pancetta and basil oil
Pan fried squid with Mediterranean salad and crispy pancetta
1 tbsp salt
50g basil oil
150ml olive oil
4 slices of pancetta
170g mixed salad leaves, such as radicchio, lollo roso, oak leaf and endive
80g cucumber, peeled, deseeded and sliced
50g red onion, sliced
12 oven roasted tomatoes
150g Parmesan shavings
Salt and pepper
1. Prepare the basil oil at least one hour in advance by brining 500ml of water to the boil with 1 tablespoon of salt. Blanch the basil for 30 seconds in the boiling water and then remove it. Blend the blanched basil with 100ml of olive oil for 1 minute. Cover the infused basil oil and keep refrigerated until required.
2. Pre- heat the oven to 220C.
3. Place the pancetta on a baking sheet and lay another baking sheet on top to keep the pancetta from curling up. Cook for 12 minutes or until crisp, place the crisp slices on to kitchen paper and leave to cool.
4. Put the mixed leaves, cucumber and red onion in a large bowl with the oven roasted tomatoes and 4 table spoons of basil oil, season and toss so that everything is well coated. Divide the dressed salad between 4 serving plates.
5. Slit the squid along one side, open it out flat and score the inside to make a diamond pattern, taking care not to cut all the way through. Cut into 5cm pieces.
6. Heat a pan with the olive oil over a high heat then add the squid. Move the squid around the pan constantly for 2 minutes or until it starts to colour and curl up. Season the squid to taste with salt and pepper.