With vanilla ice cream
- Makes 6
- 500ml water
- 150ml elderflower cordial
- 100gr strawberries cut into quarters
- 30 gr raspberries
- 30 gr blueberries
- 30 gr blackberries
- 5 sheets of leaf gelatine
1. Soften the gelatine sheets in cold water for about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, heat the water and elderflower cordial until on the point of boiling then take off the heat.
2. Remove the gelatine from the cold water, squeezing out the excess water and mix with the infused liquor, whisking until completely dissolved.
3. Leave until cold and on the point of setting, divide half the liquid between 6 of your chosen moulds. Then individually drop in your raspberries, strawberries, blueberries and blackberries into the half-filled moulds. Place the half-filled moulds into the refrigerator until set.
4. Add the remaining berries and pour the last of the elderflower infused liquor over. Chill until completely set. The reason to do this in two stages is so that all of the fruit does not sink to the bottom of the jellies.
This terrific summer pudding simply served with vanilla ice cream or whipped double cream and berry coulis.