With egg noodles in a coconut and Thai green curry sauce
300ml Prawn stock
16 peeled and deveined prawns
120g egg noodles
200g stir fry mix – finely sliced peppers, courgettes, carrots and sugar snap peas
2 garlic cloves, finely diced
15g finely sliced ginger
40g shitake mushrooms
30g pak choi
120ml coconut milk
1 teaspoons of green curry paste
1 lime and chopped coriander to garnish
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Bring a large pan of water to the boil for the egg noodles.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil in a wok or frying pan, add the tiger prawns to the wok and stir briskly for 20-30 seconds to colour. Remove the prawns from the wok and set aside until later on.
3. Add 3 tablespoons of sunflower oil to the same wok add the ginger and garlic. Sizzle for a few seconds – careful not to burn them. Add the stir fry mix, shitake mushroom and stir fry briskly for 30 second. Then add your prawn stock, coconut milk, green curry paste and simmer for 2 – 3 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, drop the noodles into the pan of boiling water, cover and remove from the heat. Leave to soak for 2 minutes, loosening them now and then with a fork.
5. Then add the prawns and pak choi to the wok and stir for 1 minute, drain the egg noodles and mix them in to the wok as well, serve straight away with a wedge of lime and sprinkle chopped coriander on top.