Light, fruity and fresh, this delicious dessert is bursting with summer flavours and different textures. The perfect way to end a seafood meal!
6 egg yolks
500g mango puree
350ml double cream
250ml mango puree
Juice of 2 oranges
Juice of 1 lime
2 passion fruit
20g icing sugar
25g icing sugar
40g plain flour
1. To make the parfait whisk the egg yolks and sugar in a heat proof bowl over a bainmarie until pale yellow, thick and creamy. Allow the mix to cool.
2. Once at room temperature fold in the mango puree. Put the double cream in a bowl and whip until softly stiff then fold the whipped cream and mango mix together until mixed. Line a 1.2 litre loaf tin with cling film and spoon in the mix or individual moulds and freeze until firm.
3. For the honey wafer, mix the butter and sugar until soft and fluffy then sift in the plain flour. Add the honey, icing sugar and cinnamon and whip until light and fluffy. Spread the mix thinly on non-stick paper or silicone, bake at 180c for 5-7 minutes or until golden in colour. The wafer will become crisp on cooling and once cool break up the wafer into pieces and save for later.
4. For the sauce, halve the passion fruit and scoop out the pulp in to a bowl. Then mix the mango puree, orange juice, lime juice and icing sugar. Cover the sauce and set aside in the fridge to infuse until needed.
5. To serve, unmould a large parfait by dipping the mould into warm water for a few seconds and turn it out on to a chopping board and cut. Unmould individual parfaits straight onto the plate and spoon the sauce over with the honey wafers on top.